Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A dressing, a stuffing, a something delicious: Sourdough stuffing.

IMG_9669

6:47: Still tearing. I think we're gonna need a bigger bowl.

6:18
: Last night, we baked up three parbaked sourdough boules from FreshDirect; showing admirable restraint, I managed to refrain from eating them then and there, so that they might be preserved for the current activity: tearing it into bite-sized chunks. Fun fact: bread is Biscuit's cat's favorite food. So, you know. We're going to have to be wily about where we leave it to get stale.

If you're anything like me, in your world the stuffing is the best part of the holiday meal. I grew up in a household where we cooked the stuffing inside the bird, so the whole business of cooking it in a pan (and, frankly, making it ourselves, instead of using Pepperidge Farms) is a little novel for me--and took some getting used to. However, now that I've been through a few of our Thanksgivings, I've seen the light! But, pan or bird, one thing remains the same: the stuffing is happening. The holidays have begun.

No comments: