Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Interlude: Grating all the cheese in the world.

IMG_9654

3:22: For the record, this is what 4.5lbs of grated cheese looks like (half a pound had to be sacrificed to the mushroom gods).

3:20: Oh, sweet merciful heavens, I HAVE FINISHED! Now, the bigger challenge: not stuffing it all into my face immediately.

2:58:
(and yet, for all its sass, it doesn't take up much room once grated. Interesting.)

2:54
AIE! The pecorino likes to jump around--if you're using some of this, grate slowly.

1:53:
3 down, 2 to go. Somehow, I still have all my knuckles.

1:15:
Also, a 1-qt ziploc bag holds half pound of grated cheese perfectly. In case you ever need to know that.

1:14:
I clearly did not need to lift any weights at the gym this morning. Stand in awe of my mighty left arm!

12:57:
Grating, grating, the process is slow and it's long! Grating, grating, this is my cheese grating soooooong!

12:42
: Aaaaaaappppeeeennnnzeelllleeeeerrrrrr! (Grating a pound of cheese takes longer than I would like.)

12:26: We start with the Appenzeller, because saying it makes me happy.

IMG_9616

We like cheese. We like it A LOT. Thus, I find myself staring down no less than 5 lbs of Appenzeller, New York State cheddar, Swiss, Pepper jack, and Pecorino Romano. Let's rock!

No comments: