Tuesday, November 25, 2008

PiePiePiePie Part 2: Baileys White Chocolate Cheesecake

IMG_9594

If I recall correctly, according to Alton Brown, the humble cheesecake is in fact not a cake, but a pie, so I feel fully justified in including this in the Pie category.

IMG_9580

We've been making this one for a few years, and what isn't eaten immediately will transmogrify over the next day into the single most coveted leftover EVER. I won't bother denying that I have been caught sitting in my pajamas watching TV, with the entire remains of this cheesecake in my lap. The white choco and the Baileys are spectacular.

IMG_9586

Bailey's White Chocolate Cheesecake

1 graham cracker crust (see previous), in a 10 inch springform pan
1 1/2 lb cream cheese
3/4 c sugar
3 eggs
1/3 (or 2/3!) c Baileys -- I tend to splash in extra
1 tsp vanilla
3 oz (although I always use more) good white choco -- Callebaut is my fave here

Beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl. Electric mixers work well, but I prefer to use a large wooden spoon and elbow grease; the moment when it comes together and goes creamy is like magic. In a separate bowl, whisk up the eggs, Baileys and vanilla, even if you think it's weird to pour Baileys into eggs. Pour the egg mixture into the cream cheese and stir up until well mixed and creamy again. Pop in the white choco, stir up, and pour into the graham cracker crust.
Bake at 325 F for about 50 minutes to an hour, until the edges are puffed up and the middle is dry. Garnish, if you really feel you need any, with crushed pecans.

No comments: